Tuesday 26 July, 2005

I missed this!


Hey all! I'm back!
And to start off the blogging in India, I decided to pick something that I desperately missed when in Australia. A delicacy that has its own variations across India, Chaat. It is hot, sweet, spicy, sour, and what not, all at the same time. Here's one such vender with a customer, who sure seems satisfied!


News: I start my classes tomorrow. Don't know how it will be going back to classes after a year long break. Let's see how it turns out. Other than that, I have figured out the problem with my computer. Other than the power-supply missing, and no lan-cord, it seems to be in-order. So, I shall be able to put it up in no time :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and posting! Funny, but as few as ten years ago I would not have known what Chaat was. But now Columbus has a pretty strong Indian community - and this brings many fine Indian restaurants and foods.

Have fun with your classes ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry bushy, I haven't returned your lan cord yet .And I shall lord over you this entire semester. I have only 1 lecture per week. Nya Nya ne nyaa naaa(sticking out tounge).

Anonymous said...

Chaat sounds really yummy ... i hope to try that dish one day.

Btw all the best in your classes.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I'm intrigued by the woman walking out of the frame in the lower right-hand corner. Of the four people there, she is the only one who appears to be in traditional dress, and the only one dressed colorfully. She seems to be in a hurry, seeing as how her headpiece is flowing behind her. I like it!

jane said...

I love the flowing head dress of the lady in orange!

Sidney said...

Great you are back. Look forward to see your pictures from India.

Adventuring through Florida's WILD life! said...

I love the interaction between the tow: vedor and vendee. It's making me hungry.

Lorena said...

good luck with your classes.
great photograph. it really brings you to India.

Anonymous said...

Sorry folks, there were flash floods in Bombay(Our building is right next to the lake). Net has been konked off. Bushy will be a bit late in posting the pics