Monday 1 August, 2005

A long time away


Well, to say the least, I was off net/blogging/messenger for just about a week. Extreme Bad Weather lashed Mumbai, and the internet, phone lines, mobile networks, all went down. All this, and I was to go to Delhi to see my parents over the weekend. I sure did make it there, but the weather was so bad, that I couldn't get a flight back yesterday. So, after loads of flight cancellations, and shifting of air carriers, Indian Airlines made it to the Bombay Airport, not more than a couple of hours ago. And that is after it kept on hovering around Mumbai city, waiting for the the visibility to rise above 800m, the minimum for a flight to land/take-off.
So, here I sit, infront of my computer, trying to go through all the pics that I missed. But there is bad news. I was forced by my dad to leave my electronics, and other stuff of value, so that they didn't go bad in the neck-deep water clogged roads. So had to leave my camera, and lots of other things at home. Actually, I made it here almost with nothing but cash on me.
So, even though I have got a good load of shots from my trip to Delhi, and of the Rajasthan roads, I am unable to post them at the moment. I am trying to convince my dad to send me the memory card by courier, let's see what happens.
Coming to the picture, here's one from the archives. I took this before I left for Delhi. I guess, its just the line of the auto-rickshaws, and the lone man walking that caught my eye.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you've had quite an adventurous week!

Be careful having mem cards shipped. They are a lot more fragile then most people think. If you can have your father or somebody burn the files from your mem card to a cd/dvd and have that shipped to you seperately from your mem card. Not only are mem cards fragile but things get lost in transit. I've lost enough data that I'm ultra careful now - you never know when you are going to lose the next Pulitzer photo ;-)

Anonymous said...

Noooooo!!!!!! Plz for god'sake poach some camera so that we may be able to take some pix. Looks like my camera will have to do double-shifts from now. :(

Anonymous said...

ps: and its long time ago :P...
-shrini

Anonymous said...

Hi Aashish,
Welcome to Mumbai monsoon. I was stranded in my office on tuesday night and had to walk home the following morning. Here is a brief account of what happened.http://www.navinharish.net/blog/2005/7/27.html
I have taken some images of the monsoon and hopefully I will be able to compile thme in a image gallery soon.

Sidney said...

Nice to hear you are safe and sound.
It seems to have been terrible week for you and a lot of other people.
Hope you will get back your camera soon!